Thursday 18 July 2013

Beauty Bite: ELF's All Over Cover Stick in the Shade Ivory

Beauty Bite: ELF's All Over Cover Stick in the Shade Ivory
 


Now here's a product that immediately caught my eye online! So much that I bought 2! This is something I've been trying for a while now, but to be honest, I'm not all that keen on it. It's the ELF All Over Cover Stick in the shade 'Ivory'. I will admit the price of it is pretty good as it's only £1.50 because it's from their original line. But was it worth buying? I'm not entirely sure yet.
 
It might be due to the shade I picked as I thought that the shade Ivory would be a lighter white/cream sort of shade like it appeared online. However as you can see, it comes out a lot more yellow than expected. At first I thought that it being yellow, it would work well to cancel out my dark circles under my eyes. It did that actually and had quite good coverage, but it just appeared yellow/orange under my eyes and looked as if I had bruising...not quite the look I was going for!
The packaging is quite cute, it's small and easy to put in your bag as it doesn't take up much room, but it was a lot smaller than I expected! The consistency of it isn't actually that nice. It's kind of sticky and greasy which makes it really hard to apply and blend out. It also tends to crease and clings to dry skin and settles in fine lines. Plus, it can be quite drying itself and if you apply too much, can look cakey. However, the smell of the product is quite pleasant, sort of a citrus/orange smell which isn't too bad. It also didn't make me break out which is always a plus!
 
Overall, I think for the price you pay for it, it's an okay product but I wouldn't say it's brilliant. Maybe I just need to buy a different shade and I might change my mind slightly? I've heard quite a few people like it, but I was slightly disappointed. If anyone else has used this please let me know, would love to hear what you think! :)
 
Possibly worth a try

No comments :

Post a Comment