Friday 16 May 2014

NYC Color Smooth Skin Pressed Face Powder


Hi everyone!
Today I'm looking at a new (for me) pressed powder. I've never been a lover of loose powder and I always always always use pressed powder! Even on those no make-up days I have to put some on to reduce that damn shine! I'm also very stubborn and get stuck into the same old boring makeup routine. However, I've noticed that people tend to stick to the same brand and avoid brands like NYC. So I was eyeing this powder up ready for a try! 
I bought this powder in the shade "naturally beige" because of my fair skin, I need to inject a bit of colour into my skin to prove to people that I really am not sick.
They also have this powder in translucent so don't fret if you want a different shade!

It has such sturdy packaging! It comes with a little sponge applicator and a small mirror in the the lid which makes it absolutely perfect for travelling or simply having in your handbag! Just what us girls need.

This was such an affordable price at £1.99!  Can't go wrong with a price like that.
I was pleasantly surprised by this powder. I usually expect cheap face powders to be chalky, orange and make you look cakey but this powder is far from that! It's consistency is smooth and it isn't too bright in colour which can lead to you looking like a wotsit! However, if you're heavy handed or really like to lag on the powder, beware because it will  begin to make your makeup look  thick and cakey. If you overload on this and have a fair complexion it can look orange.

On the other hand, it is absolutely brilliant at keeping my shine at bay. I applied my makeup at 8 this morning and by 2 my face had only begun to get it's shine back. My T-zone is extremely oily and the rest of my face is dry but surprisingly this didn't cling to dry patches and got rid of the oil without drawing attention to the peach fuzz!


Overall this product is a big thumbs up from me!

Give it a try!

1 comment :

  1. warrentricomi, Brooklyn and Long Island's Best Beauty Experts. FACE Makeup nyc for Weddings, Productions and Special Events. Fore More Information https://www.warrentricomi.com/pages/services

    ReplyDelete