Tuesday 21 October 2014

DIY citrus sugar scrub!

So you're fed up of paying out tons of money for a body scrub or exfoliator and want to make your own. Where do you start? Right here with my step-by-step for making a citrus sugar scrub.

You will need:

  • Granulated sugar
  • Olive oil
  • Lemon juice
  • Orange
  • Container

 First measure out 2-3 cups of sugar. You choose how much of this you wish to make. I started off with 3 cups which eventually made half of my glass jar.
 Add half a cup of olive oil...
  ...and mix!
 Add 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
 Zest or grate your orange into the mixture in the bowl. 
 Squeeze the orange so all the juice comes out and mix it into the bowl. At this point, the mixture should be quite runny like  in the picture. Don't panic, we can change the consistency with the next step!
 Add some more sugar to get it to the consistency that you would like your sugar scrub to be. I made mine quite thick.
Transfer the scrub into a jar. I chose a glass air tight container from the 99p store!

And there you have it! Simple and cheap!
I hope this sugar scrub works well for you all.
Let me know what you think
:)

No comments :

Post a Comment